Amazon is following in Google's footsteps by officially announcing the official launch of their XML-based webservices. Now you can write applications that can do quite a few things to the amazon.com database:
1. Search for products in a variety of ways – Keyword, author, actor, director, ASIN, UPC, manufacturer and more
2. Choose an xml “lite” or “heavy” response. The “heavy” document contains just about everything you see on our product pages including customer reviews and similarities
3. Access the services with XML/HTTP or SOAP
4. Add items to your shopping cart directly from another web site
5. Try out our XSLT service – you can pass a URL that references a style sheet along with your SOAP or XML request and well return the data rendered with that style sheet
6. Page through search results 10 at a time (no more limit of only 15 items!)
Let's see who is first to build a flash based amazon-search tool. Me? Hmmm....