as2lib Alpha Release
Congratulations to the as2lib team for their alpha release! If you don't know what as2lib is about here's a quote from their site:
The as2lib is an opensource framework targeted to Macromedia Flash MX 2004+ developers. It offers support for basic idioms like event-handling, exception-handling, output-handling and reflections as well as different kinds of data holders and iterators. Also contained is a comprehensive set of IO classes. Our target is to offer support for almost every problem domain in future releases including connection-handling, file access, aop, regular expressions, ...
Some of the features are:
- Event Handling: containing the specification and standard implementations.
- Reflections: System to obtain information about a class, its methods, its package and so on.
- Overloading: Implementation of a Overloading API for as2.
- Exceptions: Exceptions that contain a lot more information, than Flash's inbuilt exceptions.
- Output Handling: Standardized Outputhandling for multiple devices.
- Data Holders: Additionally to standard dataholders for as2 (e.g.: HashMap, Queue, Stack, ....) exist TypeWrappers (for type checking) and Iterators.
- Utils: Utils for working with Object, Array, String and Class.
- Unit Testing: We offer an own Unittesting API similar to asUnit.
- Speed Testing: API to run performance tests.
I will definitely keep on watching the progress of this excellent project.
Posted at May 26, 2004 11:00 PM | Further reading